A trademark representative is a person who is qualified to act in matters involving trademark law and, among other things, provides legal advice on trade mark (related) matters.
The responsibilities of a trademark representative include:
- advising on the adoption and selection of new trademarks;
- filing applications to register trademarks;
- advising on the use and registration of trademarks;
- handling trademark oppositions (not applicable in Sint Maarten);
- withdrawals, invalidations and assignments;
- carry out searches, advising on and prosecuting in trademark infringement matters.
Legal requirements to be acknowledged as Trademark representative on Sint Maarten
To be acknowledged as a trademark representative on Sint Maarten legal requirements have to be met. These requirements can be found in the Trademark Ordinance of Sint Maarten more specifically in article 15 paragraph 3.
Ex article 15 paragraph 3 the following persons can be registered as a trademark representative:
- an attorney at law or notary practicing in Sint Maarten;
- a professional in the field of trademarks established in Sint Maarten and registered as such at the Chamber of Commerce Sint Maarten;
- employed by a company established in Sint Maarten that specializes in trademarks and the registration thereof and registered as such at the Chamber of Commerce Sint Maarten.
Want to register as a Trademark representative by BIP?
If you are interested to be a trademark representative (based) in Sint Maarten, kindly find further information under the IP Professionals section of this website.
List of Representatives registered with BIP SXM
(In alphabetical order)
Aanic Legal Services, Trademarks & Consultancy
Berman Consultancy Legal & Trust B.V.
Bertrand Legal & IP Consultancy B.V.
BZSE Attorneys at Law
Canwood Legal Services VBA
Consider It Solved by Roseburg & Partners
Duncan & Brandon
Eisden Attorneys at Law B.V.
Mw. Marie Jose Eisden
Jan Sofat kavel 52E
T: +5999 5214822
VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne
Gibson & Associates Law Office
Gomez & Bikker
HBN Law Holding B.V.
Kloes Kock & Partners
Lexwell Attorneys at Law
Mingo Civil Law Notary Office
Mrs. Marlene F. Mingo (LL.M.)
Fouress Building, Suite 4D,
Phone: (+1721) 542 3556 / 542 2684.
Mob: (+1 -721) 520 77 6 7
Fax: (+1 -721) 542 4978